Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, January 17, 2015

I've had this song

going through my head all day today.

"The hearts of the children turn to to their fathers.  
Malachi prophesied the hearts shall turn.  
Elijah fulfilled the prophecy.  
And families can be sealed for eternity."

It has been on my mind for a couple of reasons.   First, we went to the Temple today, which is is a fulfillment of that prophecy.  And, second, the Stake theme this year is Family History.  "And he (Elijah) shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children and heart of the children to their fathers."  Malachi 4:6

As Stake Primary leaders,  we go to the Wards in the stake and do a sharing time for the Ward we are visiting.   For part of the sharing time, we ask the children if either of their parents are in the room. (Usually there are a few that are teachers or leaders).   It is very sweet, because first the children turn to face the parent.  But then they go to give them a hug, showing that it does not mean just to turn, but to embrace and love our families that are here and have come before.

The "Spirit of Elijah" is very real, and not just in a church setting.   Through the years, as I've done family history work, I have felt that strong link to those who came before.  And, I have no doubt that once I've passed on, my heart will be turned to my children and grandchildren.    

    

No comments: