Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

One of the

reasons I decided I was going to blog every day is because I am feeling an intense desire to preserve memories, not only of those who came before but of our lives now.

On my birthday, I told the grand kids that one thing I really wanted from each of them was 10 minutes of  individual time where we "interviewed" them.  I did try not to make it an "interrogation!"   I asked them their "favorites" and other questions like, "What would a perfect day look like to you?" and "What do you think you will be doing in 10 years."

What surprised me somewhat was that all of them wanted to have that time. Some where more responsive to the questions than others, but it gave me a glimpse into their lives and feelings that we don't always get when we are together for such short periods of time.

To answer my own question of "What would be your perfect day?" I would have to say that I had several of those over this Christmas holiday.  Having the whole family here, sharing our time, personalities, and talents.   Having 2nd cousins get along as well as their 1st cousin parents had.  It must bring great pleasure to our parents and grandparents to see those relationships continued.

Tonight I had a Stake Primary Meeting here, and our Stake Theme is "He will fulfill the Lord's promise that "he shall plant in the hearts of the children the promises made to the fathers, and the hearts of the children will turn to their fathers."  

That is a beautiful thought to me, and I feel our lives are much more connected to those who have passed on than we realize.



No comments: