Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I scanned in some pictures of Gary and his Dad.

From what I've heard, Gary's dad liked to stop at each historical marker that he ever encountered.  I actually only met him a couple of times, as he died in 1969 when we were in Jr. High.   

We were talking with our home teacher, whose Dad was in World War 2.  We were commenting that both of our fathers were exempt from being in World War 2 because of their occupations.  

Gary's dad worked for Wasatch Chemical, which provided fertilizer to all the orchards in the area.  My dad worked for Geneva Steel, which was very important to the war effort.  

It is assumed that Gary's dad got lung cancer because of his being in constant contact with the pesticides that are now outlawed.   


1 comment:

Misty B. said...

So sweet! I love these