Crinkled Oranges

Friday, March 6, 2015

Remember that

special delivery I mentioned when I was making the quilt?  Well, we decided it needed a very personal and direct delivery.  It is made from T-shirts of Jackson's high school sports career.


It was amazing visiting Jackson and his companion, Elder Perkis, from Leeds, England.   After getting them watches and sunglasses, they looked ready to conquer the district as "Men in Grey."


I asked them what a typical day looks like, and they showed us a page in their day planner.    They had four appointments today after we visited them.


Our conversations ranged from them hearing their experiences to Gary giving them financial advise on putting away money early -- the rule of 72.   Elder Perkis wrote that down in his planner.

His apartment.



Us with them at lunch.



Taking a selfie in the mirror at Target.


It felt so good to hug him.






4 comments:

the smiths said...

I love this!! I bet he was so happy! Love the quilt too.

Tom Anderson said...

That was really fun to see. He looks much older. He looks good. How exciting for you. Happy for you all. I am sure they will be millionaires now knowing the rule of 72.

Misty B. said...

I think he's the most spoiled missionary ever!

Tiffany said...

Love this! HOpe we get to see him some time too! The quilt turned out amazing.