Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, March 5, 2015

I was feeling

nostalgic tonight when we went to dinner at Los Hermanos restaurant.  It was a favorite place to go with Mom and Dad and also with my nephew, Chuck, when he came into town.

I remember sitting in the Provo Los Hermanos with Mom and Dad and having a conversation about death and dying.  I can picture exactly where we were sitting, in the garden room by the windows.  At that point Dad had experienced several of those mini strokes, where he would go into a coma like state for several days, and then just come out of it.   In that conversation, I remember him saying that he hoped he didn't go into one of those and then not come out of it.  I think I have Dad on my mind because it is his birthday on the 7th.  He would be 101.

I also remember sitting in that same room with Natalie, Misty, and Tiffany.  I don't recall what we were discussing, but when I told Misty that she had a "chip on her shoulder," she thought that I was commenting on what we were discussing.  In actuality, I was literally telling her that she had a tortilla chip on her shoulder.   We had a lot of fun with that.


1 comment:

Misty B. said...

Those were fun times! I remember that very vividly.