Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Case of the Missing Cricut Cord

I was excited this morning to try out my new Cricut cartridge. The mystery arose when I went to plug the machine in, and the cord was missing. I scrounged around the house for it, thinking that in my cleaning out mode I may have mistakenly put it with computer cords (or something scatterbrained like that).



But, the cord was nowhere to be found. I racked my brain trying to remember when I had used the machine last. (For those who don't know what a cricut machine is, cricut.com will tell you all about it.) Had I left the cord at the store after the last Cricut class I attended? Maybe, but I was pretty sure I had used it since then. Then a vague image popped into my mind of me taking the cord out of the machine. When had I done that? A couple of weeks ago I had brought home 3 different rolling duffel bags, two from Burlington Coat Factory and one from Costco. I had been on a quest to find the "perfect" rolling bag for when I cart the machine and all my supplies. However, I had returned them when they weren't the right fit. Could I have left the cord in one of those bags when I was trying them out for size? Oh, I hope not. How would I go about finding it if that were the case?



Well, at that point knowing that the alternative was buying a new cord, I decided I would swallow any embarrassment and see if in fact the cord was in one of those bags. First I went to Burlington and embarrassed myself by asking if anyone had turned in a power cord (No). Then I embarrassed myself further by explaining why I was looking for the power cord. (Confused Face) After which I explained that maybe I would go look through the bags like the ones I had returned, just to check. I did. No Cricut Cord to be found.



Next stop, Costco. Again I said, "This is kind of a funny question, but has there been a power cord turned in?" (Blank Stare) Again I embarrass myself by explaining why I'm looking for it. (Raised Eyebrow). Again, "Well, maybe I'll go look back and look in any boxes that I can tell have been opened, just to check to see."


Back on the shelves I spotted one box with a black rolling duffle bag in it that I could tell had been opened. I really didn't dare hope, but to my utter amazement when I took it out of the box, removed the plastic, unzipped the bag, and reached my hand in, I felt it. The power cord was there! It was like pulling a rabbit out of a hat it was so amazing!


I don’t know what was greater my relief or my embarrassment, but I was very happy to solve

“The Case of the Missing Cricut Cord.”

And here it is.


I always did like Nancy Drew.






5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Aren't you an amazing woman? I am amazed that you went to all that trouble and then...taa daa...you found it! The scrapping gods were smiling on you! I really didn't imagine you were going to be successful. Good job, Sherlock. Er...Nancy.

tingey said...

Oh, Annette the one liner's I could think up for this entry? At first I had no clue what you where talking about and then I click on the icon you left us and "HELLO" scrap booking, who would have guessed? When I pray at night, I have asked the Lord for just one day in Annette's shoes? I could be so lucky.......duke

Pam's Place said...

Annette, this falls into the "tender mercies" category in my mind. A small miracle. Totally amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

What it all boils down to is...how far are you willing to go to solve a mystery? And to avoid a new purchase! I'm with YOU. Great job.

Tiffany said...

love it mom. . .it's all those years of watching Murder She Wrote and Perry Mason!