Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Duke says I was "Pulling a Duke"




After coming to our home
tonight our friend,
Duke,
said that I had not been honest on my blog.
He claims that the Christmas decorations aren't really down because this pile is still sitting in the carport.

My response is that I got them
"down,"
Gary just hasn't put the last of them
"away"
in the carport storage area.

So there.
I did not "pull a Duke"

Now to explain the "pulled a Duke."
Let's just say it is a phrase we use in our family (and to Duke)
when we are questioning the accuracy of a statement.

Example of a "pulling a Duke" conversation:

Gary: "I'm on my way home,"
Annette: "Are you in the car?"
Gary: "Well, no, but I'm getting ready to go to the car."
Annette: "Oh, I see. You're "pulling a Duke" on me."

Hopefully you get the picture.
And, the picture proves I got the decorations "down."

1 comment:

tingey said...

I want everyone to know that Gary, was not "PULLING A DUKE" he told me to say that!