Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cub Scout Blue and Gold

Tonight was our Cub Scout Blue and Gold banquet.
I felt very appreciative of all the people who worked so
hard to make it such a nice evening.

They invited the Veterans in our ward and had
them come up and honored them with a moment of silence.
I was so touched to see both younger and older members
of our ward who served our country.

I have never had anyone in my immediate family fight in a war,
though I had uncles who served and had an
older cousin die in WWII (before I was born).
I would imagine it is probably one of hardest things a parent
or family could go through to know their loved one
is facing injury or death every day.
Not to mention the emotional scars that can last a lifetime.

We should never take that service for granted,
yet it is not something I think of as often as I should.
I'm glad for the reminder
and say THANK YOU.

1 comment:

Gary said...

A very nice event. I often wonder how my life would be different if my draft lottery number had been below 100. Instead, on my 18th birthday December 27th drew out as 152.