Crinkled Oranges

Monday, February 9, 2009

Silence can be Golden

Today was a day of silence. There are advantages to being somewhat deaf, you know. I took my hearing aids out and pretty much slept all day. The phone rang and Natalie came home for lunch, but I didn't hear any of it. The other great advantage is that I don't hear Gary snore at night. That is a biggie!

I'm really not that sick, I am just doing everything I can to get completely better by Thursday when we fly out for Eliza's baptism. That means not even stepping outside in the bad air that is surrounding us. I'm not even feeling badly about the things I'm neglecting because this is the number 1 priority.

I am so very grateful that I live in a time when hearing aids are available and so good. Without them I wouldn't hear a thing my beautiful grandchildren say. When I'm with them, the first thing I wake up to in the morning is a tap on my shoulder and a hand being held out with my hearing aids in them. What a blessing!

Well, enough ramblings.

4 comments:

Pam's Place said...

I hope you are feeling 100% better by the time you're ready to leave. Enjoy those beautiful grandchildren and Eliza's special day.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

If you don't put that "followers" bit on your blog I will have to come up to you, crank up that hearing aid and tell you in person. I miss your posts and then have to catch up on a bunch.

I hope you have a lovely time at the baptism. And I hope you are 100% well. Take care. Stay in until two hours before lift off.

Annette said...

Ok, Ok, Lynn. I think I have it set up now. I'm not sure if you have to add your blog or if I do it somewhere, but the little widget is there. If I see you coming my way I'll make a run for it!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Hooray! SOMEONE minds me. And I don't even have to figure out how to fiddle with a hearing aid.

I hope you are feeling better. Do you need some soup?