Crinkled Oranges

Monday, February 23, 2009

Someone has a Birthday!

Today is a very special boy's 4th Birthday.
Happy Birthday Harrison Jess!
Harrison lives far away, but I think of him every day.

I think of his name

Gary's dad's name was Jess. As we had our children, Jess was the name I always planned to use if we had a boy. I was only able to meet Jess a couple of times when I was 14, and he passed away when Gary was 15. We didn't have a boy, so we didn't use the name, but I love that it is Harrison's middle name. It is also appropriate that he is named after Gary's dad because Harrison looks more like Gary than any of our grandchildren. In fact, he and grandpa are "two peas in a pod."
I think of his Intensity

Everything Harrison does is with intensity.

He loves anything to do with balls. With two older brothers he has lots of examples.Carrying his brother's ball bag, bat, gloves as he watches his sister on the computer.
Notice the ball in his hand as he sits on the bear

Who could resist this little guy?



I can't. I love you Harrison!
I wish I were there to give you a big hug.

3 comments:

Pam's Place said...

Cute pictures, Annette. I especially like the first and last ones, with Grandpa and Grandma. Jess is a handsome boy!

Gary said...

I'm sooo proud of my wife and her fun little blog entries. She always makes them very creative and interesting. Of course she does have a lot of good material to work with when using her family as the main characters.

Love you dear,

-Gary

tingey said...

Great blog Annette, I was lucky to know Jess and Afton. One day gary and i were sitting at the top of provo's baseball park and listening to Jess tell stories. I miss him and Afton a lot. But thank our father in heaven for a friend like Gary, he tells great stories like Jess did.......duke