Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Random Pictures

from my last few days in Missouri.

For now Marshall is happy and content,
sleeping all cuddled up, while I watch the ball games.
Give him a couple of years,
and he'll be out here with the rest of them.


Marshall was blessed on Sunday. Everyone commented that we should make sure we labeled the pictures, as we wouldn't be able to tell if this was Hyrum, Harrison, or Marshall.  They all wore the same blessing outfit and look so much alike.  Jackson wore a different outfit and had a different look to him as a baby. He had a cute "little old man" face until his body grew into it.




As I was getting ready to head home,
we dressed Marshall in his overalls.
Harrison wanted to be dressed in his, also,
so he put them over his other shorts.
I didn't happen to have my overalls with me,
or I would have mine on, too.


I forgot to give Gary his doughnut last night,
though it is probably very squished in my suitcase.
I'll be sure to give it to him when he gets home this afternoon
and get a picture of him eating it.
I came home to a clean home
(which I'll try not to mess up with my projects)
and to a husband I still feel high-schoolish about.
(Not quite sure what the definition of that is,
but It's what came to mind)

Who would have thought 15 years ago that I would be spending time on a farm in Missouri (where I had never been), with five grandchildren.   That I would have 4 grandchildren living in Oregon (where I had also never been).  This from a Provo girl, who married a Provo boy, who's never lived out of the state of Utah and only out of Provo for a few years.  

It makes me wonder what adventures the next 15 years will bring.  Let's see, I'll be 71 then.  That kind of scares me.   Maybe I'll be on a mission in Guatemala.  ( Now, I'm really scared!) 

Anyway, I feel very blessed to have a husband, 3 daughters, 2 son-in-laws, and 9 grandchildren that mean the world to me.   I'm grateful that I live in a time when I can talk to, see pictures and live video of, and visit my family that lives far away.  I know living away from those I love would be much harder without those blessings.  I'm grateful for my family and Gary's family who set good examples of family unity and love and that still extend that same support we've always felt. 

Even even now, when I'm home,
I'm still basking in the wonder of a new little spirit,
so fresh from heaven.
I'm very conscious of the goodness of people.
I saw so many kindnesses given to Misty and her family,
and the love that those around them have for them.
I'm very conscious of the importance of all
relationships in our lives and the need to nurture them.

And now it's time get back to my "normal" life with an
added appreciation for all that I have.

I"m off to Yoga.

3 comments:

Misty B. said...

I'm having a hard time picturing the Quatamala thing! We miss you already, Marshall has spent way too much time not being held today. Thanks for everything, it was wonderful waking up to clean bathrooms, though not a substitute for Grandma being here.

Carrie B said...

It is wonderful that you were able to spend time with Misty and family! I wish we had been there to see you during your visit! You are an amazing mom/grandma role model!

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

those are wonderful pictures of Misty and her family. I love your thoughts at the end, too. I'm so glad you're still blogging.