Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"You know,

this is kind of addictive,"
I said to Gary at 11:30 pm on Friday night.

Gary:  "Ugh, dear, it is not addictive.  It's O.C.D."

Well, what can I say.


My friend, Diane made these beautiful flower pins,

 I love them so much that I
decided I would try making them in bulk for
our Relief Society Birthday activity.
(Though not as pretty as these or
with as many layers, for time's sake).

Dianne (who is just a little bit like me in this OCD way),
had bought lots of fabric and cut lots of circles,
and burned lots of edges,
and made lots of pins,
and had overdosed on them.

So she gave me her left-over fabric
and many circles that were already done,
I don't think I would have had the courage to do
this project if I had to start from scratch.

Then I did lots of cutting,
and lots of burning
and more and more burning

until I had piles like this
(of which this is just a sampling of)

My committee of 8 came over and they helped me
with some of the assembly
like this:

which transforms into this

which gives me a basket like this,



which are pinned together and awaiting the

magnets (instead of pins) I ordered online.
Then I will add the "iron rod" centers
and glue them together.

So that is pretty much what I've been doing,
(besides the work that came in today).
That and trying not to burn the house down.

6 comments:

Denise said...

I love how you go above and beyond for your callings. I have much to learn from you, you amaze me!

Tom Anderson said...

Such a talented little sister.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Ohmygoodness, girl. I have been wanting to learn how to make these! Will you do a class on them? I can't wait to see all of them. You are an amazing woman. I can almost smell the scorched fabric.

Tiffany said...

Love them Mom. Definitely something we need to make at Bunny Hollow!

Unknown said...

You exhaust me!!!!!

Gary said...

I second Charlene's comment and please folks, let's not encourage my wife with too many compliments about her OCD behavior. But I have to admit she is pretty amazing.