Crinkled Oranges

Friday, July 16, 2010

Cousins

I had a very enjoyable few hours this morning.  I met four of my Hall family cousins for breakfast.  Four of us, Arna and twins Hilary and Holly, were all born within 3 months of each other.  The four of us spent a lot of time together when we were growing up.   Mom always said that, anytime we were visiting them in Springville, it was always a fight getting me home because I wanted to sleep over.  Diane, Arna's older sister, now lives in my neighborhood so it is fun to see her more.   A year ago Holly's husband passed away, and her twin had come up from Vegas to spend some time with her.  That is why they planned the breakfast.   I can't help but think that our Moms are happy that we are getting together.


Another cousin sent up this cute pin cushion cupcake for me.


Then tonight when the Idiart cousins came by (to make flower pins, of all things),
they brought me this perfectly titled book from Eliza and Rachel in Oregon.
.
I firmly believe in the wisdom of this title and love
and very cute notes inside.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I indeed love cousins! My life would not be the same without my cousins or our kids cousins. Glad you like the journal. It was screaming your name! Can't wait to see you soon.

Tom Anderson said...

Thanks for posting the photo of you and the cousins. That brought back a lot of memories. Good book for you too.