Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, July 8, 2010

If you saw two people

with flashlights looking under cars in the hospital parking lot,
that would be me and Gary. 

To make a long story shorter, I went in for my annual mammogram (fun).  As I was putting on the gown, I took off the necklace I was wearing and put it in my purse.  It is just a little necklace that has a small silver disc and hangs on a black cord.  As I put it in my purse, I thought to myself  "you shouldn't put it there."  You know how sometimes you're doing something and a little warning thought comes, but you do it anyway?  That's what I did.

Well, I got dressed and was on my way to the dentist (more fun )when I realized that I didn't have my necklace.  After the dentist, I went back to the hospital, retraced my steps, went to the lost and found, etc.  No necklace.  What I figure is that the necklace must have caught on my keys and flipped off when I got them out.  That is what led to me and Gary going back later with the flashlights.

The reason I treasure that necklace is because my sister-in-law gave it to me.  On the little silver disc there is a butterfly etched on it.  I didn't realize it until she gave it to me that the butterfly is a symbol used for EB, the skin disease my nephew and niece, Chuck and Christine, had.   It is used as a symbol because of their fragile skin.  Here is a picture of the necklace  http://www.ebkids.org/shop/satya.php  

I just ordered another necklace.. 

More later.

No comments: