Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, July 3, 2010

This morning after the fireworks event,

I have a sugar and adrenaline hangover.
After making about 18 dozen cupcakes
and sampling at least one from each batch.
After being on a happy high from seeing so
many good friends, neighbors, and family.
After feeling sick in the pit of my stomach
when the two uninvited vehicles pulled up.

Well, those are the reasons for my
sugar and adrenaline hangover.
As for the last one,
all I can say is,
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell,"
I guess that's not all I can say about that last one.
I will also add,
"No More Reasons for the two uninvited vehicles to come by!"


Here are just a few pictures from the evening. Unfortunately, I couldn't get pictures of everyone who came because it got too dark and too busy. But, we had many friends from the old ward, new and old friends from our neighborhood, and family.  My niece, Jennie, and her family left early enough yesterday from Arizona so they could get here in time. Now that is dedication.  I wish I could have gotten pictures of everyone.
















I think another reason I feel so out of it this morning is that we lost our little week long visitors.  We've enjoyed having them so much.  But off they went this morning.  Here are a few pictures before they left. (In a very messy kitchen because we were too tired to clean it up last night.)



6 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

great photos. \looks like a great time. Greetings from Ennis, Ireland.

Misty B. said...

Just looking at the pics brought back lots of great memories! I even have memories of unexpected visitors.

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

Thanks for throwing such a great party! We loved everything from the cupcakes to the fireworks! At least the unexpected visitors were kind enough to wait till the show was over :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You made 18 dozen cupcakes? Holy Moley, girl. I heard that your strawberry cupcakes were to die for and the person who told me says she usually doesn't like cake OR frosting but she loved those! We saw the fireworks from our lawn and wondered who it was. Sorry about the two unvited vehicles. Yikes.

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

annette-
what a fun week. sorry that eliza has gone home. i was thinking of you guys on saturday night. i have yet to see a firework display that rivals gary's. it would definitely be worth the "uninvited visitors".

Becky said...

It was a great show! Thanks for hosting, me and my family had a lot of fun.