Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pictures from

the
"Once in a Lifetime Event," 
with Paul McCartney.
Which  I didn't go to.
And, I have only myself to blame for that. 


When Duke told us about it, he got two tickets for himself and his date, and we got two tickets for Gary and whoever his date would be -- me or Natalie. I did not want to spend money on 3 tickets for us, because we didn't know for sure if Natalie would be able to go because of play rehearsal. Natalie has been a big fan of the Beatles music.  When she was in high school, Gary took her and a friend up to see Ringo Starr in concert.  Anyway, when we found that Natalie could go, Gary was even willing to buy a more expensive ticket from a scalper to get me in.  But that would have been too expensive.  I did go up to eat dinner with them before the concert, but I wish I had not been so stubborn about spending the money.  They had such a great time. I'm not usually stubborn about spending money (Gary will affirm that fact), but I didn't want to waste money either.

Gary's self photo
Natalie and Jane singing along.  I would have enjoyed that.
Duke and Jane
Me and Natalie at dinner

I was about 10 years old when the Beatles had their big debut on the Ed Sullivan Show.  I remember Mom and Dad going out for the evening and telling us not to watch the show.  They were really not strict or restrictive parents, but they must have heard rumors about the boys from London, their long hair,and their wild ways.  What I do remember is that once Mom and Dad left, I went in and watched them, but that Charlene wouldn't.  I was really "sowing my wild oats" back then, I guess.   Other than that one time, I always obeyed my parents (That's for the benefit of my grandchildren)

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

You are not perfect after all. You fooled us all. I am in shock. I love the Beatles, I would have loved to see that.

Marie said...

Annette, thank you so much for the gift card! I'm sad you couldn't come to my baby shower, but thank you so much for thinking of me :)

Unknown said...

I am soo jealous that they got to go to the concert. I regret not spending the money too..

However, my memories are a little different than yours about the Ed Sullivan show. I must have been watching behind your back, because I definitely watched them. That may be the first time you sewed your wild oats and I did not :)