Crinkled Oranges

Monday, July 5, 2010

I have Gratitude for

those who serve our country and preserve our freedoms. This morning at 6:30 we went to a patriotic service at our chapel.  I know sometimes I take for granted the freedoms and blessings we have and forget the sacrifices that have been made to preserve them. One phrase that stood out to me was that sometimes we have to do 'the right thing during hard times." Many people have done just that. I honor and appreciate them.

After the service we were too tired to go to the parade but went down a little later to enjoy some of the festivities and get into the spirit of it. They were having Colonial Days at the Crandall Printing Museum, and we saw how they printed a copy of the Declaration of Independence.





Then we stopped by the carnival block.  It was during that 4th of July carnival, in the summer of 67, that I remember standing right in this area. I made the decision that I would like Gary because he was cool, but didn't drink or smoke.  Here's that "cool guy" 43 years later.
Here we are in our very patriotic red shirts against
a very red patriotic wall.

Then I had a fun time at Jeans with her
two daughters getting wonderful massages
and making flower pins. 
It has been a fun and inspiring day.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Love your blog! By the way, you look great, so beautiful!