Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Balance

For our next Relief Society Activity we are going to have a meeting that focuses on creating balance in your life.  We had a meeting with our great committee, but even still I'm having the hardest time putting what we want to accomplish into words.  It's out there, but just not coming together.  I think it is because my life feels so out of balance right now.  I haven't exercised (other than my yoga in the park sessions) all summer.  I don't have a schedule for uplifting, spiritual reading.  I can't focus on cleaning the house.  Am I painting a picture of my unbalanced life in a balanced way?

But today I went to a Zumba class at the Gym.  As I spent the hour dancing, I found my mind thinking more clearly of ways to pull "creating balance" all together.  Was that because I was being more balanced by exercising?  It reminded me of a segment from one of my favorite TV series, "Psych."  There is a very nerdy police detective, Lassiter, who does not come across as being the brightest.  On one of the episodes he found that when he danced his thoughts came together much better.  Maybe that is what was happening to me!  So, if you see me dancing down the street, just know that I'm trying to think more clearly and have a more balanced life.  

2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

If you are saying you are "unbalanced" then you will go no argument here!!!

Regarding the religious side of this Neal A. Maxwell said: "Lack of balance can burn out discipleship". I always liked that quote. In fact it is one of those I wrote in my scriptures. But, don't dwell on that because I do not want you to become more unbalanced.

Gary said...

We're all equally unbalanced. Wait a minute! Wouldn't that make us balanced?