Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reflections

on the past month.

It truly is easier to make a blog entry a day as opposed to every few weeks. I feel like I'm so far behind that I need to play catch-up, and I don't know where to start.  I could ask myself, "Who says you need to play catch-up or do it in chronological order?"  My answer is, "I don't know.  Maybe it is the nebulous 'they' that tell our minds that things should be done a certain way."    So, I guess I won't listen to the "they" of the universe and instead share tidbits of our activities a little at a time (and not in correct sequence like "they" think I should).

On the way to Bear Lake for the Anderson Reunion, we stopped by Gary's sister's house in Logan to visit.  We had all of our family together, and it had been a long time since Frank and Janice had seen them.  We had each family stand and introduce themselves. 
The Bishops
The Idiarts
Cousins: Tiffany, Jill, Mary Anne and Misty


Gary was looking though the life history Janice wrote,


and was impressed with this saying:

"The greatest legacy a parent can give their children
and grandchildren is a happy memory."  

When Gary later sent that quote out to us in an email to all of us, this was Misty's response. (I've added pictures of the activities she talks about if I had them.)

Happy Memories truly are a great gift we can give each other.
I can't stop thinking about how many memories we created in a short 2 and 1/2 weeks. Including the best sno-cones ever--much more than just "ice and flavoring."


I have many moments during the trip that I'd like to always have memories of:  sitting on my deck outside my room at Bear Lake and watching the sun rise and set, reading the papers with Mom in backyard while you were the "all-time" pitcher for kickball, walking with Harrison to your "neighbors" to retrieve wiffle balls, being least valuable player in laser tag, living on the edge and putting blankets in the chair section at the play, climbing fences at Nat's condo like we're criminals, Costco (need I say more), and I'll never forget the tandem bike ride with a crazy bunch of girls.

It really was you and Mom that made it all possible! Thank you, Love, Misty

I'm so grateful for the happy memories that
I have been the recipient of.


No comments: