Crinkled Oranges

Monday, August 23, 2010

Switching

gears.  That's what I'm trying to do this morning.  It's a good thing that after Tiffany and Justin left on Saturday morning that Margie and Lance had called and were coming through town from Arizona. They had an unplanned trip to Montana and wondered if they could spend the night.   It gave me the needed impetus to vacuum, mop, and get the house cleaned up after having neglected it for so long.  After all, who wants to spend time cleaning when you have grandchildren around?  Who has time for cleaning when you have those little voices saying "grandma, will you ________ (fill in the blank) with me?"   I think I've mentioned it before, but to me the most beautiful and meaningful word in the English language is "Grandma."  

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I totally agree with you!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your grandchildren! How fun

Tom Anderson said...

Annette left a message on my block so I knew her kids must have left for home. I always know when her kids are there because her blog is pretty much blank. Sorry. I hope you adjust very quickly.

Misty B. said...

I'm totally convinced you were born to be a Grandma--there's no one better at it!