Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Today is

Lucienne's 2nd birthday.


The best way to describe her is

 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

with exclamation marks!


When she smiles, she lights up a room!
When she cries, you would think the world had come to an end!
 When she naps, she takes really good, long naps!
Which is good,
because when she's awake she is a perpetual motion machine!
She knows what she wants and lets you know it, too!
She is spunky, feisty, loving, and everything Cute!

Can't you just see all that
in her beautiful eyes?


I love you, Lucy!

We weren't able to celebrate with Lucy today.   But we were able to celebrate with my brother, Gary, who also has a birthday today.  He is 71 years older than Lucy, which makes me marvel at the cycle of life.   Lynn brought Maglebys chocolate cake (the one I get undeniable cravings for). 
 For his birthday, we gave him the gift music in the form of Natalie singing some Broadway songs for him.  


I guess I'm saying "we gave him a gift" rather broadly, since I really had nothing to do with it.   But it is always a treat to hear her sing and it really is a gift (though it is a gift I am, sadly, very lacking in).  But hey, I'm sure in the eternities I'll at least be able to sing in the heavenly choir (they couldn't kick me out could they?).

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You supply the goodies, she supplies the song, what could be better than that. Besides that, we all had "heavenly" voices. We were perfect. We had to shelve some of our gifts to come here.

PS She has the beauty too. But, then again so do you. So you share some things in abundance.

Misty B. said...

Oh i so wish i could have been there!

Tiffany said...

Love this post. Our little Luci definitely packs a punch! She adores you too. miss you all

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that I missed Gary's party and Natalie's singing. THank you for doing that for him.