Crinkled Oranges

Monday, August 2, 2010

The house is quiet

right now.  I do believe everyone is asleep but me and Gary.  We've definitely been burning the midnight oil for just about two weeks now.  We want to soak up all the family time we can. 

Gary and I are awake right now because we expect Tiffany and her family to pull in about 1:30 am.  They took off at about noon Oregon time and are driving straight through.  We are all very excited to see them.  I love it when we are all together.  There is a sense of completeness, a feeling that all is right with the world. 

Since we got home on Wednesday, we've spent a lot of time playing ball in the backyard.  We've seen "Toy Story 3," played at "Jump On It,"








miniature golfed,  attended a Baptism for a cousin, Sydni, and enjoyed the dinner after.  We went swimming at Natalie's condo and had a picnic inside after. 

We've made flower pins.   I even found Jackson making a flower pin in John Deere colors.  He said he plans to wear it when he's helping Grandpa Bishop on the Farm.  For some reason he would not let me take a picture of him wearing it in his hair. 




 Tomorrow night we are all going to see Natalie in "Annie Get Your Gun," at the outdoor Scera Shell Theatre.  On Tuesday we're off to Lagoon. 

Amazingly I'm not exhausted!
Loving who you're with has that effect on you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annette, we have been doing the same thing at our house. I am surprised we have not bumped into each other with all the grandkids. Can you believe our grandchildren are so old? How did that happen? You have me inspired to start a BLOG - soon. Love you - get some sleep.... Robin Norton

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You are not exhausted because you have energizer batteries in a little compartment in your back. That's the only way I can think of that you get one thousand things done while I am doing two. Or one.