Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

In my last blog entry

I was writing in a quiet house waiting for the Idiart crew to arrive from Oregon. Right now I'm sitting in in a quiet house, in bed, with my laptop propped up on my stomach. (At least it's a quiet house for me with my hearing aids out.)

Sometimes it is amazing to me how full-circle life is.  It shouldn't be amazing to me.  That's what life is all about.  I guess I'm just amazed that I'm at the part in the circle where I'm the older generation, the grandma generation.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  It is a wonderful stage of life.  I guess the wonder is that I always figured someone my age was much more wise and mature.  Not so.   If anything, I'm much more aware of my vulnerabilities. 

Another source of wonder to me is how each spirit who comes to earth brings it's very own personality and spirit with it.  I've witnessed those spirits the last few weeks as I've observed and enjoyed my 9 grandchildren.  Each is so unique.  They come that way.  I guess that is one thing I enjoy so much about being a grandma.  I can sit back and observe, enjoy, and marvel at the spirits in those bodies without feeling the parental need to discipline.   I leave that to their very capable parents.  I just enjoy loving them.

I have tons of pictures and memories of the last week, but I'll post those later.  Right now I think I better put my hearing aids in so I can hear the noise of little people as they wake up.  

3 comments:

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

Looks like you have been having a great summer. I bet you are a wonderful grandmother and that they all love you so much! Enjoy the rest of your time with them :)

tingey said...

Thank you Annetter for this message. Its harder for men too feel what you as grandmothers feel.

But I got a brief moment in time with this wonderful family and I want all the Ashtons and Anderson family to know, THIS FAMILY COMES WITH THE BEST SET OF GRANDPERENTS
"ever"

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a wonderful Grandma you are in ALL ways, even putting the hearing aids in so you can hear the ruckus. You are the best!