Crinkled Oranges

Friday, October 28, 2011

Go Cardinals!

We've been very into the Baseball World Series the last two years.  Last year we followed the San Francisco Giants as they progressed into the series.  Justin, Tiffany's husband, grew up in that area he and his family are avid Giant's fan.  We were celebrating right along with them when they won.

This year we are following the Cardinals as they've progressed in the series.  Dan, Misty's husband, is from the St Louis area and they live there now.  Of course, being the baseball family they are, they are very excited about it.  What a game it was last night, with an 11 inning game and a home-grown boy hitting in the winning run.   They're playing game #7 tonight, and Gary is very unhappy that he can't be watching it.  He's doing the stats for Timpview's quarter final game.  So, I'm watching the series, making cupcakes for the BYU Soccer team, and recording the BYU game and the World Series for Gary.  Quite a sports themed day.

I hope the Cards win!

P.S.  A few hours later, They won!  When I texted Misty to say "Yeah, Cards," she texted back: 
"Yes.  Go Cards!  Dan's miffed because he had to wake me up to celebrate.  I had fallen asleep on his shoulder.  Can you imagine the travesty?"  
Well, Misty, you were probably worn out.   I happen to know that she has been substitute teaching the last two days, as she has several times each week since school started -- that in addition to her already very busy life.   So, you deserve a nap, even if the timing wasn't the best.  

3 comments:

Misty B. said...

After we got home and crawled into bed I tried to ask details about the game that I'd missed and I just got the look. The look like, "are you kidding me? you sleep through it then ask me to update you?" But I'm very excited anyhow! Go Cards!

Tom Anderson said...

I loved the series, it was one of the most exciting I have seen. I wanted the cards since the giants were not there.

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

Loved the series. We were rooting for the Cards because we knew how much joy it would bring the Bishops. XOXO