Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Our (now) teenage

grandaughter, Lydia.

We've been in Park City for the last few days with our friends, the Adairs.



I wasn't able to log on with my computer, so I missed blogging about Lydia.  Yesterday, the 22nd, Lydia turned 13 years old.  I've been looking at some pictures of Lydia, and they bring back so many loving memories.  They also make me miss her even more. 

  Here she is at 2 with her little brother Hyrum.  



Here are Lydia and me exactly 5 years ago, on her 8th birthday and day of her baptism. 



For her birthday this year, she wanted a new quilt, because the baptism one she is holding in the picture is too small to cuddle in now.  She wanted a another pink one, so this is the one I sent off to her last week.  (I really wish I had a picture of me hugging her with this one, too) 


Here is grown up Lydia, with Gary, when she visited this summer.  We talked to Lydia on our way to Park City, and she and Gary were still "arguing" about "banana whacker" rules and who won.





I love you, Lydia! 
And, I'll always side with you on "banana whackers."

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

Very cute. Do you feel old? Brooke is in High School and that makes me feel very old. Lydia is very cute. I can tell you are very proud of her.