Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm feeling very

relieved.  This was one of those events that involved a lot of planning, and also a lot of emotion. 

We were asked to put on a fashion show that emphasized modesty.  
The difficult part was deciding how to present it without hurting feelings or appearing judgemental.   It was completely out of my comfort zone, and I struggled with it.  But, there were many, many women who pulled through by finding the models, performing, planning the meal and decorations, and putting the program together.   

It's amazing what the energy of willing people will do for you.
I'm so grateful for them.
I'm also grateful for the 80 plus people who attended and supported it.  

I love Racheal and Kori, who were willing to to put their inhibitions aside and play the part of news reporters with me.   What a boost.  
They made it fun and comfortable.


The highlight of the evening for me was when Mona, who is 94, came out modeling a beautiful dress and blew kisses to the audience.   What an inspirational lady.


We had the lighting dimmed, so I've had to "auto adjust" the pictures so they could be seen.  But, here are some of the other pictures from the night.


















Here's the table Donna put together for the necklaces we made.
(By the way, Valerie, thank you for sharing the idea with me and Tiffany!)
 


Gary knew how worried I was about it, so he was interested to hear how everything went.  Then he, very nicely, happened to mention that as he'd walked through the house and observed that I had been in project mode.  That is a kind way of saying that every room in the house looks like a hurricane hit.  I can't disagree.  That's what I'll be working on tomorrow.

6 comments:

TobyBo said...

"project mode" LOL. It looks like it was lovely!

Tiffany said...

Great work Mom! So glad it went well. Can't wait to talk to you about it!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

It not only went well, it was FABULOUS! I mean it, Annette, every part of it was simply wonderful. If hard work and attitude and love were prerequisites for getting into Heaven you would have already been translated. But maybe your mansion (self cleaning, filled with no calorie treats) is already built. Thank you, Annette. From the bottom and top and sides of my little heart, thank you!

PS I love my necklace.

PPS Elizabeth just might be stoopid, because she didn't, but then you can give them to someone who is as smart as can be. I'll try to remember to drop them off or maybe I'll put them in my church bag...WHICH YOU MADE...and give them to you at church.

PPPS. Once again, everything was lovely and of good report and praiseworthy.

Misty B. said...

I ditto everything already said and hope you didn't clean the house the next day. I hope you took a day off!

Unknown said...

That is an amazing amount of work and it looks wonderful. Great job as always.

utmommy said...

I'm so glad the necklaces worked! They look great.