Crinkled Oranges

Monday, October 31, 2011

Omelet in

a bag.

We used to do these "omelets in a bag" quite often a few years ago, but I had totally forgotten about them.  Last night we were having our Halloween breakfast of french toast, pancakes, and buttermilk syrup.  I was thinking about what kind of eggs to make, and then I remembered these.  Since they sometimes come out in strange shapes, I thought they were just right for Halloween.

Omelets In A Bag

1.  Have each person write their name on a quart-size freezer bag with permanent marker.

2.  Crack 2 large or extra-large eggs into the bag (no more than 2). Shake to combine.

3.  Put out a variety of ingredients such as cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns,  

 4.  Each person adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag. Make sure to get the air out of the bag. and zip it up. Shake.

.

5.  Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.



6.  You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.   Open bags and omelet will roll out easily.



Then you are ready to sit down.



And when you bite into them, you will think
(like a black and white movie era actress):

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

My kids love those, I haven't made them in a long time. I'll have to do them soon! Love, love Nat's costume. What a great idea. You have to look on Facebook to see how mine and justin's costumes turned out for the adult halloween party! Love you.

TobyBo said...

hi..I may have to try these at camp sometimes... somehow cooking in a ziploc just doesn't sound right to me...

anyhow, here is a link to the star pattern. It is one of my favorite patterns because it is easy to memorize and do without paying much attention... and it looks sweet draped over a faucet to dry.

enjoy! http://www.sew-funky.com/2008/08/04/baby-star/