Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I've lived in this house

for more than 26 years.  I'm mentally trying to figure out how many times I've cleaned out the pantry, reorganized it, and been convinced that this time I had it organized so it could stay tidy. 

I can blame the lack of being able to keep it organized on many things.  The bad design of the pantry is one.   It has very deep shelves, and I know that many of my neighbors (that have the same floor plan) have completely redone their pantries and made more shelves that are less deep.  Then there are the larger quantities I buy at Costco that take up large amounts of space.   But really, the only excuse I have is that it is a dumping ground for everything I want out of the way.

Well, I gave it another shot today.  I ended up pulling everything out while making a huge mess.  I tried to rethink the whole organization.  I've got it nearly done, with the exception of some containers that are in the dishwasher.   It looks pretty good right now.   But I'm not deceiving myself into thinking it will stay this way. 

I have thought of one thing that might help.  Maybe I should commit to posting a picture of it once a week.  Here it is today.   




Wow, when I look at the picture, it still looks messy. 
I guess I have more work to do tomorrow.


.

5 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

You are over the top on organization. I think it looks just fine.

Becky said...

I think maybe your standards are too high. A full pantry is not a messy pantry. It is just an awesome pantry. My pantry is WAY more disorganized. I can never find anything in there, but I just don't have the time to put in organizers. I think your pantry looks great. You can come and do my pantry to.

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

My sisters and I always talk about how as kids we LOVED your pantry. I bet I still would. good job tackling an organization project. It looks great.

TobyBo said...

pantry picture of the week meme, lol. That is a new one.

And I have to say, it is neat as a pin.

Unknown said...

Way to go girl!!!!