Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Don't drown.

Gary and I are sitting here in our two recliners, with our laptops on our laps (where else?), watching one of our favorite shows, the "Mentalist."  This warning keeps streaming across the screen:  

"National weather service has issued a flood warning for the following counties . . Cache. . that will expire at 4 am.  If flooding conditions are encountered, be prepared to seek higher ground.  If traveling, remember turn around, don't drown.  Stay tuned to . ."

We're not laughing at the flood conditions, but the phrase "turn around, don't drown," strikes us as a little funny.  I think from now on when I encounter difficult situations I'm going to say to myself, "Turn around, don't drown."  

Profound, don't you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Somtimes newscasters are just plain stupid,,

Misty B. said...

It is kind of laughable...

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

Annette-

I was watching the mentalist, too. But I fell asleep before it was over. did she get out of the woods? I wish we had DVR. Like the phrase.