Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A little late,

but Happy Birthday to our son-in-law, Dan.  He turned 40 on Saturday (Yikes!).  Misty threw him a surprise party, which ended up being "kind of" a surprise.  She had sent emails to friends and family asking them to send in memories or thoughts about Dan, and then she compiled them in a book.

The number one thing I mentioned that I love about Dan is what a good father he is.  He spends unlimited time coaching his children in sports and in life.  Here is a perfect example of how much his kids adore him.

Marshall in picture where Dan is holding him.

Marshall in picture where we've taken him away from Dan.

I did just remember one thing though, as I was looking through the pictures, that makes me wonder about him.  We played a few games while they were here.   Risk is always a must do game to play.


And then on the last night we played sequence. 





(Check out the look on Jackson's face, we should have known something was up.)
 The women won that game series 4 games to 3.   Little did we know, until Jackson gave the family prayer and asked for forgiveness for texting with his Dad during the game, that they had cheated!   Hmm . . . maybe I should retract my comments about what a good example he is!   Or I guess we can look at it as an example that cheaters never win.    That works.  We love you, Dan! 




3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

What's the problem, good Dad's want their sons to succeed.

Unknown said...

Dan is an incredible dad and the pictures show it.

Misty B. said...

Hmmm...I like the cheaters never prosper angle!