Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I am so

excited for the new job I am starting! 

My document management work has died down to just about nothing, and I've known I needed to bring in more income.  I set a goal that after Christmas that I would get serious about job searching.  As I was talking about doing that, Tiffany reminded me of something I had told her after we went to Gary's family reunion last fall. 

Lynn, Gary's cousin and our friend, had mentioned  a business that his daughter-in-law had started.  He explained that she, Loralee, was always putting on elaborate parties and had decided to make a business of supplying products for themed parties or events.  My first response to him was, "Do they need help?"  Talk about a dream job!

Anyway, to make a long story short, I emailed them and we have been communicating back and forth about what they need and what skills I have that could fill their needs.  They are crazy busy with their young family and their expanding business, and they have been needing to hire help.  It seems like the timing is perfect for both of us.  They are such nice people, and I feel very blessed.

I meet with Loralee for the first time on Thursday to discuss the project they are working on now.  I will be able to do much of the business side of the job from home.   But when they need help with projects, I will be involved in whatever way they need.   Did I already say, "Talk about a dream job?"  

The products she has produced are beyond amazing. Honestly. I am in awe. Here is a link to her Etsy shop.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoraleeLewis    They are undergoing changes on their website and blog, so I'll keep you posted on those as they get up and going.

I am so thrilled.  I will have much to learn, but I can guarantee I'll have lots of fun learning it!

5 comments:

Misty B. said...

I think it's a "win-win" for all involved! They're about to learn how amazing you are.

Lynn said...

I'm so happy for you Annette. This is right up your alley! I love Etsy! I've used it quite a few times getting things for Hillary's wedding. Have fun!

Tom Anderson said...

Dream job for certain, at least for you. That is like me being paid to watch the 49ers or Kings.

Tiffany said...

You are going to be awesome!!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you. When I saw the website and blog I knew this was absolutely the dream job for you. Way to go!!!!