Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's been a very


busy and interesting last few days.  Monday I went up to Loralee's and met her sister and mother who also help with the business.  They are all very nice people.  I felt comfortable immediately.  I placed stickers on the glasses, wrapped push pins in a boxes for a favor.  (The guests will pop one of the balloons to find a note with what their prize is inside). We experimented with how to arrange the food on the tables  I can contribute a little in those instances, but I'm more than happy to watch and learn from the pros.  They are amazing and also very positive and appreciative of every one's efforts.

Last night I took the popcorn boxes home and spent 5 hours filling them with popcorn, wrapping them in cellophane, and tying a ribbon and tag to them.  Gary didn't even blink an eyelid when he saw me with spilled popcorn and ribbon all over.  He's just glad I'm actually making money while I'm doing it.  Though he did continually ask me if I thought I was doing it right.  When Natalie called this afternoon she wanted to know 2 things:  1) How did the event go, and (2)  Had I survived Dad.  When she was here on Sunday and I was folding boxes, Gary was concerned if I was doing it right, if the tape would hold, and suggested other ways of doing it.  Natalie was laughing and told him that I've done these things more than a few times and that she thinks I know how to do it. 

Today we were up to the Studio 5 office to finish setting up and get everything perfect. I saw Daren and Brooke and a few others, but I didn't go up and introduce myself as the candy store lady (who they talked to on Skype for 1 minute).   I was afraid their faces would draw a blank.   It was fun seeing the actual set where the show is filmed. As we were there doing it for about 3 hours, staff members would come in and tell Loralee how wonderful it looked. She truly does have a talent and vision.

Here are a couple of snapshots of the almost completed dessert table.  My camera does not do it justice.   I can't wait to see them when Loralee posts her pictures on her blog.  Then you can see all the details.



Tomorrow I'll spend my time boning up on the email responses and on how the order system works.  I honestly don't know how they do all they do with their young family.  Anyway, it's still feeling like a dream job!   

5 comments:

Misty B. said...

Hmmm...that dessert set-up is very familiar to me. You will fit in so well with this crew!

the smiths said...

Amazing Annette! What a perfect job for you. Can't wait to see the photos of that event! I laughed about "at least you are getting paid to do it" So true. Love, Christa

Tiffany said...

What fun! I'm excited to see and hear about all your adventures.

Unknown said...

There is some medication that Gary can take. It give it to Greg all the time :)

I am so excted and it looks wonderful. I will have to check out Loralee's blog.

Tom Anderson said...

This job fits you like a glove. Happy for you.