Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, August 3, 2013

First official quilt square

For my square a month quilt class.  I am really going to have to sew much more neatly than I'm used to.  Which is a good thing. 

My friend, Patty, has made some beautiful quilts, and she has heen telling me I should do it for several years. Ive never thought I have the patience for quilting, but just doing one section a month sounds doable to me.  It is fun, too, because we dont know what the finished product will look like.   So it is like a mystery quilt.   I go in once a month to show my finished squares and pick up the next month's project.

I went to Patty's today and she tutored me on the techniques used.   Her quilting room is so neat and tidy, unlike my craft room.  Maybe doing the exactness if quilting will make me more tidy , too.

One can always hope . . .

3 comments:

Becky said...

Quilting is so much fun! It is the only sewing that i do. It is different every time but so mathmatical. You will love it.

Misty B. said...

way to go Mom!

Unknown said...

I have missed you blog since I have been on the road. We would love a quilt for our new St. George house :)