Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, August 17, 2013

We went to

the movie, "Jobs" this afternoon.  It is about Steve Jobs the founder of Apple computers.   He was about our age, so the timeline with the progression of computers was something we could relate to.  

Sometimes it is hard to remember what life was like before we had personal computers.   It has basically changed everything from how we communicate, to how we learn, to how we read, to how we spend our time, to what jobs are available, and to how we shop.

When I was at BYU in 1973, I had one computer class and it was one of those punch card programs.  It truly is unbelievable how different life is now.  There is no doubt that, in my lifetime, the most life changing invention has been that of computers and the development of the Internet.    Without it, well, I wouldn't be typing the blog entry.   (Now if that isn't stating the obvious, I don't know what would be)

 

No comments: