Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I was thinking about

Mom today.  Mom was always very content.  If something needed doing, she would do it, and then she would feel fine about reading or crocheting or spending her time on what she wanted.

I wish I could be more like that.  Even when I'm relatively caught up, I'm thinking about what I could, should, or need to be doing.   That does not breed contentment, but rather breeds discontent and anxiety.  I want contentment.  

So I'm trying to consciously enjoy and be in the moment.  Not to dwell on what is undone, unfinished, or imperfect.   Rather to enjoy what IS.
      

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

I love Pres. Monson's statement: "Glance at the past, prepare for the future, but live in the present." Not always so easy to do.