Crinkled Oranges

Monday, August 26, 2013

Natalie dropped by this

morning after a job interview, and it was fun to spend the day with her.    We visited and, while I worked, we watched a few shows.   She has a couple of offers on jobs, and it looks like she is taking one doing customer support.  Then this evening we went to Chili's for dinner (because Gary gets free Queso and Chip emails every week).  

Then Natalie and I (along with Gary) were on a mission   A very serious mission.  We went to 5 different stores until we found the fly paper mouse traps.  Yes, I hate to admit it, but we have had mouse sitings again.  A couple of years ago we had mice and caught 8.  Then I thought we were free of them because I've kept traps out with no captures.  It seems that now we have some bold ones.  We've all had at least one siting.   (I was just reading in the paper that mice can go through holes as small as a pencil eraser.)

Natalie and I agree that we are somewhat hypocritical, as we are are creeped out about the mice and want them gone, yet we don't want to be the ones to deal with the trapped ones.  Gary has to do that.   We don't want to do the dirty work, we just want them gone.  Fortunately, Gary is not so fickle.  So his assignment is to check all the traps in the mornings when he gets up.  That way he can dispose of them if any are caught, and I don't have to feel sorry for the poor little things.  

Yes, I know:  Hypocritical.  Fickle.  Little Red Hen (want the mice gone but don't want to work for it).

Thanks, dear.