Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Today I pulled this off the

Wall in our bedroom.  

 Here is what is taped on the back:

It was falling apart (unlike our marriage 39 years ago today)
So I undid it and tidied it up a bit.  


I can't believe I held on to all this memorabilia
(and labeled it) 
from when we were in Jr. High.

Memory Box
Made in Honor of our 6th Wedding Anniversary
Love, Annette   8/80




















It was all I could do to not let Gary try some of the 33 year old candy that was sitting out uncovered when he came home.  (I know the grandchildren can relate)

Seriously, though.  There is no one I would rather share my life with than Gary.  

I've loved the song, "Can I have this Dance," since the first time I heard it.  I almost cry every time I hear it because it fits so perfectly what I feel:

I'll always remember the song they were playin'
The first time we danced and I knew
As we swayed to the music and held to each other
I fell in love with you

Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?
Would you be my partner then every night?
When we're together it feels so right
Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?

I'll always remember that magic moment
When I held you close to me
As we moved together, I knew forever
You're all I'll ever need

Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?
Would you be my partner every night?
When we're together it feels so right
Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?

. . . and through eternity. 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary. You two have always been the role model for a marriage. I know you have been an example to me and to your children. I have to say I also cannot believe you held on to all those things with memos. You are amazing.

Love ya.

Misty B. said...

I've looked at that shadow box my whole life and read the details years ago. So fun to go through it again with you!

Tiffany said...

Love that!!!! I'm sorry I forgot to wish you Happy Anniversary. I'm so grateful to parents who love and cherish each other. A perfect example for all of us.

Unknown said...

Ok, here is a very belated comment. Regardless, I am very grateful to my dear wife and the love we share with each other. I need to be better about reading her blog regularly. Especially on our Anniversary :-)

My wife is definitely one-of-a-kind. Love her more each day. Gary