Crinkled Oranges

Monday, March 10, 2014

It feels like I've hardly

had time to breathe the last few days, let alone blog.

Let's see . . .

We had a luncheon here on Saturday with my cousin, Jeniel.   We are in charge of the Hall family cousin reunion this summer, and Jeniel was in town from California.  Anyway, that meant I had to clean and cook Friday and Saturday morning.   I know, cleaning wouldn't be such a big deal if kept up with it.  But, I also had to put the Valentines away, which made it so I had to clean the deep enough to put Valentine's away, and then I had to get the St. Patrick's out, etc., etc.

 I made the rolls early Saturday morning,



Went to my Quilt Sampler class after that,




Then came home by 11 and we had a really nice lunch and visited for about 4 hours.  Gary and Lynn and Richard came down to help plan.  We've set the dates of Friday and Saturday, July 18 and 19.




Then I was up until midnight preparing for two Ward Conferences that were yesterday.  That plus daylight savings time cutting an hour off, and then 6 hours of church meetings, I was pretty tired by the time I got home at 4.  But I was also invigorated physically, emotionally, and spiritually. So, since I had so many rolls and so much soup, I packaged it up and delivered it to two families who had babies in the last few weeks. Then came home and spent an hour cleaning up the kitchen and enjoyed an evening with Natalie and Gary.

It reminded me of how it really is easier to keep going when I am already busy.  What I mean is that it easier to keep going, and to accomplish more, because I'm already in the moving mode.  I've been wanting to take meals to my friends with new babies for two weeks, but it has seemed like more energy than I wanted to expend.    But when the energy is flowing, you make it go further.  I think that is why busy Mothers seem to have endless energy to keep going.    It looks overwhelming to me now.  When I see Misty and Tiffany's schedules, I feel tired just thinking about it.  But I don't remember feeling overwhelmed with my schedule when I was in the thick of it.   Of course, I was 30 years younger, which makes a difference.

Judging by my rambling thoughts,  I think my weekend is catching up with me.








 

2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I love your rambling thoughts and your photos. It was good to see Brent and Jeniel again as well as everyone else. Get some rest.

Misty B. said...

It's kind of funny to have your life make me feel tired! It's usually the other way around. I agree with the busy thing, I'm much happier busy!