Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, March 30, 2014

It was very

strange today.  I called Natalie to see when she was coming over, but the phone rang once and then the Beatle's song "Hey Jude" started playing.   I thought it was odd that Natalie was playing a song for her message, but since she loves the Beatles, I wasn't too surprised.   I kept waiting for it to stop, and in the process was talking with Gary and saying, "She's got ;Hey Jude' playing.  When is it going to end."  Finally, I hung up and tried again.  The second time it went straight to a regular message.

She called me back and asked what was going on.   She had heard my whole conversation with Gary and had been trying to talk to me, but I couldn't hear her.   All I could hear was the song.  Now, I know I don't hear everything, but I don't generally hear things that aren't there.  Very strange.  She doesn't even have "Hey Jude" on her phone.  It was like her phone was hijacked.  Or I am really losing it.

"Losing it" made me think of an article I read last week about a lady who has written books called "How to Babysit Grandpa" and "How to Babysit Grandma."   I told Natalie that if she could do the illustrations for me, we could  write a book like that.  

It would include things like "Before you empty any garbage cans, check them for money."    "Follow her around the house and pick up after her."   "Make sure you have GPS before she tries to drive anywhere."  "Hand her her hearing aids before you try to talk with her in the morning."   "When she is baking, and 6 timing a recipe, have a calculator handy and check off the ingredients so she doesn't leave anything out."  Just to name a few.

It could be quite a large book.   I think we just might have a bestseller on our hands.

 



2 comments:

Misty B. said...

I have some kids who would gladly do all those things to "babysit grandma"!

I need an explanation of the phone call. Please keep investigating...

Tiffany said...

that is very odd indeed! I don't think you are going crazy, I think it's just all of us!