Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I went to

Yoga for the first time in 6 weeks.  It felt so good.  I actually did that pesky half moon pose (which has been my nemesis) better than I've ever done it. 

It's not like I can't stretch and move on my own.  It's just that I don't.  However, my teacher, Elizabeth, is taking the summer off, so I'm determined to take some time every day doing some of the movements.   I won't say I'll exercise every day (I tried being accountable last year and that didn't last very long).  But I feel so much better when I do exercise, so I'm going to give it a good effort.

Other than that, I've been obsessed with my latest hobby.  I don't even dare say the words loudly.  (SHHH--burnt edge flower pins).   Tiffany sent an email saying that Ashton (7)  had asked her what she was working on.  Tiffany replied, "Youth Conference." (which has been consuming her life for months).  Ashton's reply was, "When is it going to start?  It's taking over your life, and I don't like it."   When I told Gary about that, he said he knew exactly how Ashton felt.  If you substitute "flower pin" for "youth conference" he could say the same thing. 

Oh, well. 

2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I hate that phrase "Oh Well". I hear it often. To mean that means that I don't matter, I am irrelevant, and not loved. Sorry, Gary, that you feel unloved. What can you do about it? Oh well.

Gary said...

I hear you Tom. But as you put it so very well -- Oh Well.