Crinkled Oranges

Monday, May 10, 2010

You don't want me

as your travel agent.

I was reviewing with the girls some of the dumb things I have done as I've booked flights online.  To justify myself a little, I usually go back and forth to different flights and days trying to get the best deals, and in doing so end up making mistakes.

There was the time that Misty and family were coming out and I was booking their flights.  I had earned one free flight, so, I booked Dan's flight with the free one and then booked Misty and the kids.  So, on the morning they were flying home we loaded the six of them in the car with all their baggage and took them to the airport.  Once we got there to check in, we found that Dan was booked on the flight that morning, but Misty and the kids were booked for the flight at the same time the next morning.   To change the 5 flights to that day would have been very expensive, so we said good-bye to Dan and drove back home with Misty and the kids.  Now, I'm all for having the them stay as long as possible, but this was not the ideal way to do it.

Then there was the time Gary, Natalie and I were flying home from Misty's.  We showed up at the airport on Monday night only to realize that the flight had been booked for Sunday night.  That was an expensive trip.

Then there was the incident of running through the airport with Misty trying to get on a flight that we were late for.   There had been accidents and construction that we did not anticipate.  This was before the 9/11 when we could go right to the gates.   I left my car running at the curb (a definite no-no now), and carried and ran with Jackson as Misty ran ahead with her luggage and Lydia.  When I got to the terminal, Misty was sprawled out on the floor with all her bags, crying because she had just missed it.  We then drove around for 4 hours waiting for the next flight.

I know there are more mess-ups, but I must be having a brain freeze.  After all, there are only so many mistakes a person can admit to at one time.

5 comments:

Chantel said...

Yikes! Yes, I'll leave the booking to the hubbie....although trying to get through the airport in Peurto Rico with three kids under 10 in less than 15 minutes was an exercise in massive patience.....and missing the flight was a lovely reason to sit and have a Mojito.

Tom Anderson said...

I will never have you book any of my flghts to Utah or anywhere else. Very sneaky way to spend more time with our kids.

Misty B. said...

Mom, I hate to remind you, but there was another incident--you booked us a "round-trip" flight from STL to SLC but both sets of tickets were from STL to SLC! I'm not about to complain, I'm very grateful for my travel agent!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I'm sorry if these aren't funny to you yet because they are funny to me. Give it a couple of years and you will be laughing your head off. I promise.

Gary said...

There was also the time we were flying home from Phoenix and arrived at the airport one day late just as we did in Missouri. Once again, very expensive to change. Annette says she does not remember that occasion but I will let her faithful blog readers be the judge :-)