Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cast of Christmas

Characters
On Christmas Eve, we had the kids draw one of their cousin’s names, gave them each 10 dollars, and went to a fun store, Blickenstaffs. The store is entertainment in itself, and the kids had fun picking out a gift for the cousin whose name they got.  We adults had to help the younger ones a little.  Annie had Jackson, and if I hadn't been guiding her a little, it's very likely Jackson would have ended up with a doll or tea set.

   




When we left the store, we stepped outside and saw Santa.  As we were trying to encourage the kids to sit on his lap, I said to Santa, "Do you remember the year this guy (meaning Gary), didn’t get a visit from you?" He replied, “You mean the year he just got a piece of coal?”   We got a kick out of that.  But then Santa said, “I remember when I saw you two at Gary and Lynn’s house a few weeks ago.” That was one of those wide-eyed moments where we all just looked at each other in surprise.   We were surprised that Santa remembered us (or that it was the same Santa’s helper that had dropped by Gary and Lynn’s house when we were there).








I’ll repeat what I’ve always said
when the kids have questioned me about Santa.
“I Believe.”
I do even more so now.

1 comment:

Misty B. said...

That was a very fun Christmas Eve! I'll always remember it. Thanks for making it possible.