Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's Saturday

morning. 
Gary is at a conference all day.
TODAY is the day.
TODAY really is the day.
I got up, put on a sweat suit and tennis shoes.
I ate breakfast, and read something to inspire me from the Ensign.
I'm geared up.
Today is the day that I am going to get all the decorations down.
Not only get ALL the decorations down,
but get rid of anything that does not give me joy.
Anything that clutters my life so I can't enjoy
and focus on what really matters.
Which today feels like my whole house,
since it is in such a disarray with the taking down of decorations.
I'll focus on the things that I just keep moving around
from one place to another
 because I don't think I can do without them.
Or because it has some sentimental meaning to me. 
Which is just about my whole house.

An intuitive mind might ask,
"If today is the day, why are you wasting your time
writing this silly blog instead of doing it."
Well, I think the answer to that is pretty obvious.
In fact, maybe I'll write tomorrows blog entry right now, too.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love it. I laughed out loud at the end! You are writing the entry for the same reason I am reading your blog (and others)--to put off what I should be doing. But good luck with the decors. Wish I was there to help. REally. Love you

Misty B. said...

Too funny. Just as I was reading your entry Hyrum came in and said, "aren't you suppose to be leaving?" Well, I guess your blog is a really good way of procrastinating! Love you