Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lemon Cupcakes

and "exciting" new pans.

I've loved my snap together cupcake carriers.  I can carry 1 dozen at a time or 6 dozen at a time, just by snapping them together.   But, they are starting to break.  I think it is because I open and close them after they have been in the freezer.  The other drawback to them is that they have the little trays with the circles in them for each cupcake, but it does not really keep them from falling over if it is juggled.

So I was excited when I saw these cupcake pans that have a deep attachable lid.  With these, the cupcakes are stable in the cups and can be covered and transported or put in the freezer.  If I'm carrying several dozen, I could just put an elastic around them.  It really doesn't take a lot to get me excited does it?

Here's a new Lemon Cupcake recipe I tried and liked.

Lemon Cream Cupcakes
Serving Size: 30

1 cup butter ; softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups ; (16 ounces) sour cream

FROSTING:
3 tablespoons butter ; softened
2 -1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 to 2 tablespoons milk

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick).

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350° for (18 minutes works for me)25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

For frosting, cream butter and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and milk; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes.



1 comment:

Marci said...

I will definitely be trying these! I love lemon-flavored treats!