Crinkled Oranges

Monday, January 24, 2011

Flower Pins

must be in the genes
.
As I've been cleaning out, I found a tin that Mom gave me a long time ago.  Mom inherited the tin, with the flower pins inside, when her Mom (Pearl Hall) passed away.  Gran, as we grandchildren called her, passed away in 1964, so they obviously date back further than that. 
I was only 10 when Gran passed away.  My grandfather, Edward Owen Hall, passed away 6 years before I was born. 
Pear Averett Hall    21 Nov 1889 - 19 Nov 1964
Eward Owen Hall     17 July 1885 - 7 Jan 1947
  

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Nice memory lane entry. I have some memories of Gran but very few of him. I recall Gran cleaning out my ears with a bobby pin, my head on her lap. She had a nice spirit about her.

Tiffany said...

Those are beautiful. I guess it runs in the family!

Misty B. said...

I think more than flower pins run in the family. Tiff and I have a passion for cleaning out others ears!