Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, February 2, 2012

It feels good

to be back at Yoga again.  My instructor did not teach in the fall, and I didn't pick up classes anywhere else.  I'm glad she's started up again.  Even when I don't feel like going, I'm always so glad I did.  I start out the session with every joint in my body hurting and end up feeling so much better.  Depending on the flow series she does, we may be up and down as many as 15 times.  That is generally not something I want to do, believe me.

I went to a Rheumatologist yesterday for arthritis.  Mostly for stiffness and pain in my hands.  My finger joints are getting very knobby and crooked and are sometimes very painful.  I would be more bothered with how they look, but they remind me so much of Mom's hands that it takes a little of the sting away.

Anyway, the Dr. asked me to bend down as far as I could toward touching my toes.  When I I could touch them, she was surprised.  I told her it was because of yoga.   I still can't do a lot of the poses, and I'm sure I look very ungraceful during most of them, but It really has helped my flexibility.

Sorry, but you won't see any pictures of me in yoga poses.

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

Oh come on, post the photos, I promise I won't laugh!!!! Good for you and Yoga, I think that is really good for you.