Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, September 18, 2010

I love

Autumn.
 
I love everything about Autumn. 
I love the crispness in the air. 
I love the changing of the leaves. 
I love it as it gets darker sooner
(so I can snuggle into my pajamas earlier).
   
The Autumn season brings out my nesting instincts.
I want to feather my nest with with comfort and warmth.
I want to bake, and cook, and eat comfort foods.
I love it when I can cuddle up in a throw to get warm
and wear jackets every day.
I suppose the only thing I don't love about
the change to fall is the need to  
wear socks and shoes instead of sandals.
But that is just a small inconvenience.

Today I put up the fall decorations on my
rotating shelf.

and on the hutch.
The hutch is something else that I also love.
Dad built it for me.

I guess I'm just feeling lots of love today
.
Which is not a bad thing at all.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I guess that's where I inherited my love of the season. The best time of the year definitely. Miss you!

Tom Anderson said...

You deserve all the love you feel.

allison nadauld said...

I really love your rotating shelf...it's a special time of year.

Becky said...

I love the fall decorations! But even more than that, I love the halloween ones. Good memories!