Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yummy Freshness

I made the Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Pasta yesterday.  It is so good and tastes so fresh.  The tomatoes and zucchini were both from my garden, so it is also satisfying that way.  I really can't boast about my garden, though, since zucchini and tomatoes are the only things I planted this year.

I got this recipe from the Martha Stewart show years ago. 

Here is the mixture before it is roasted.
Here it is after it's roasted.

Here is me eating it straight from the pan without pasta or anything.  It really does smell and taste so good that you can't resist.   Gary wasn't at home so I couldn't take a picture of  him eating, wo I took one of myself.   (Notice my latest flower and the war wound on my middle finger from cutting 100% polyester circles.)

 
And here is the finished product.

And here is the recipe.

Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Pasta


Serves 4 to 6; Prep time: 35 minutes; Total time: 35 minutes
Roasting the zucchini and tomatoes rather than sauteing them intensifies their flavor.
I don't worry about the amounts of zucchini or tomatoes.  I just use what I have.

2 1/2 pounds zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
6 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 pound long fusilli or linguine or penne pasta
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving

1. Heat oven to 450°. On rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic with 5 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread into single layer; roast until zucchini is lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.

2. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain pasta,

3. Stir vegetables and juices into pasta. Add parsley and Parmesan; toss to combine. Serve with more Parmesan.

3 comments:

tingey said...

Finally a recipe I can use.

Unknown said...

So are you now making pins to match your recipes......seriously!!!

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

that looks so yummy! We will be having this for sure :)