Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Does it speak to you?

For our Relief Society activity last Tuesday night, our theme was, "Creating Balance."  We introduced it with the concept that sometimes we just need to make a few minor adjustments to our daily routines in order to feel more peace and joy.  We had presenters share their insights into balancing our physical, emotional, temporal, and spiritual lives.  The physical focused on good diet and exercise. The emotional on deep breathing to diffuse stress. The temporal on creating a home that reflects on what we value and where relationships can flourish,  The spiritual on the importance of sharing spiritual experiences through family home evening and uplifting reading.    It was very inspiring to me.

Gary asked me when I was sewing these aprons for my little "friends," if I was being very balanced in focusing in on them.  I told him "no."  But I had fun doing it, and they do "speak to me."  That was one of the phrases used as a basis for reducing clutter and keeping our homes serene.  Keep only things that "speak to you."  Well, these little mannequins do "speak to me." 
And I did find joy in sewing the little aprons for them.
Here's are some close-ups. 
 

The little "Bee Helpful," and "Bee Tidy,"
are remnants from dish clothes that mom made me for my
trousseau (is there such a thing anymore?)
Yup, they are definitely speaking loudly and clearly to me.
I'm not sure quite sure what they're saying,
but I'm sure it is important.

5 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

You should give Steph a call. When she was younger she had an imaginary friend named "Fred" who spoke to her. She might be able to help you out.

Tiffany said...

Those are the most darling little aprons I've ever seen. Worth the time, definitely. And I wish I could have been at your breathing deeply class. I could have really used it tonight to diffuse some stress. :)

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

You are so talented. You always have such sweet and uplifting ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Nat said...

It speaks to me....that this is the next 'Project' You will be doing for the next few months. :D

tingey said...

It doesn't speak too me?