Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fellowship among

friends and neighbors.  I think sometimes I don't fully appreciate how blessed I am to live in a neighborhood where lifetime friends have been made and kept. 

We had a baby shower here today for our neighbor and friend, Sharilyn.   Women of all ages came.  Some of them have watched Sharilyn grow up.  Others have just gotten to know her in our ward.  But they all came to celebrate with her and and support her.   It is truly sweet to feel the love and excitement they feel for her, and also to see them catch up with each other. 

Shairlyn's mom, sister, and sister-in-laws basically brought all the food, so all I had to do was clean the house.  I was actually very grateful for that.  Instead of spending the two days before Thanksgiving stressing about the dirty blinds, etc, I got that all done days in advance. 

That's not to say that I won't still be running around like a "turkey" with it's head cut off on Thursday.  But, maybe I'll be running a little slower. 

3 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you so much, Annette, it turned out so nicely and we owe it all to you! Love ya

Tom Anderson said...

At the end of the day, it is all about relationships. Not much else matters.

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

I also wanted to say thank you so much. My parents moved around a lot when I was younger and so for me it was really nice seeing this fellowship among all of you! Its something that I really hope to build for my little family too. :) I agree with Denise we owe it all to you :)